Terms and Conditions for Participating in Auctions
Participation in the bidding process constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- Auction participation by a bidder may be suspended or revoked at the sole discretion of the State Procurement Office, Surplus Property Office for failure of a bidder to complete a transaction, or any other conduct that disrupts the auction process.
- Current State Procurement Office employees and employees from department(s) stated in each auction item disclaimer are not eligible to bid.
- The items sold are "As Is" with no express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the item's safety, reliability, or suitability for its intended purpose.
- Each bid is a legal offer to purchase the item subject to auction.
Upon the completion of the bidding process, the winning bid constitutes a legal
and binding contract to purchase the item. By law, we may pursue legal action
to enforce the contract and ask that the court charge you with the court expenses
including our attorney fees. Alternatively, if we do not receive your payment
within seventy-two (72) hours, we may choose to cancel your bid,
and either re-auction the item, or offer it to the next highest bidder(s).
In such case we have the right to recover the difference between your bid and the final sale price,
together with court costs and State Procurement Office/Surplus attorneys' fees.
- Payment must be made online within seventy-two (72) hours of the close of the auction with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
Payment will not be accepted at the pick-up location.
Item(s) may be picked up in person by the winning bidder, his/her representative or a shipping company. If a pick-up is to be made by someone other than the winning bidder, the winner must provide in writing: a) identity of person or shipping company; b) and Item #. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Auction Pick-Up - Item #" (enter your item number after the # sign).
- Upon pick-up, the winning bidder or his/her representative must present a picture ID and receipt.
- If pick-up is to be made by a shipping company, the name of the winning bidder and Item # must be provided to Surplus staff. The winning bidder is responsible for all arrangements with the shipping company including: a) pick-up; b) packing; c) shipping; d) and payment. Surplus staff will not pack and ship auction items won.
Surplus Property Office
729 Kakoi Street
Hours: Monday through Friday by appointment only. Closed on State of Hawaii holidays.
Phone: (808) 831-6757
If the Winning Bidder fails to collect the item(s) within 14 working days after payment is made, the Winning Bidder waives all rights to title
and ownership of the item(s) and also waives all rights to any refund for the item(s). The State reserves the right to re-auction
items not picked up within the specified time.
- The Winning Bidder is hereby placed on notice and acknowledges that Winning Bidder shall defend, indemnify,
and hold harmless the State of Hawaii, the State Procurement Office, and its officers, employees, and agents from
and against all liability, loss, damage, cost and expense, including attorney’s fees, and all claims, suits and demands therefore,
arising out of or resulting from the acts or omissions of the Winning Bidder or the Winning Bidder’s employees, officers,
representatives, or agents in connection in taking possession of or collecting the item(s).
- The bidding process may be subject to regulations established from time to time by the State of Hawaii and Hawaii Information Consortium, LLC.